Post by Mr_Horizon on Jun 21, 2019 14:40:15 GMT -5
June Quiz - Clues #2
We have a first breakthrough - this week all games were guessed correctly. But still, we'd need to add all your entrys together to have it all, as still no one has achieved full points (25 + bonus point). With eleven correct answers on average it is a surprisingly difficult round, maybe even the hardest riddle of the year so far.
Will our team of adventurers still make it to the treasure? Almost 40 people are in so far (two from here), don't give up now!
Here are the last clues... you still have one week.
1) Game 1 is several years old, but will be released on Switch just this year. 2) For the third title a third entry of the series was announced a few weeks ago. 3) Picture 20 shows you a fragment of the title screen. 4) Game 23 was made by a German team and was released in the late 90s. 5) Title number 8 is an RPG and part of a series, but all other entries are NOT role playing games.
Ancient spells dissolve, old mechanisms kick into action, dust falls from the ceiling - and the old iron gate opens, for the riddle has been fully solved! Two people actually managed to answer every game correctly, so our group of adventurers can finally get that treasure.
There were 73 participants (two from here), average score was 13... so it was not an easy quiz, but also not the hardest of the year.
What were the correct answers and who made it into the top 10? Scroll down and see for yourself!
1) Witcher 3 Even without seeing those facial scars - everybody knows the Witcher. solved by: 97% other suggestions: -
3) Baldurs Gate 2 solved by: 64% other suggestions: Bioshock
4) Final Fantasy 8 solved by: 75% other suggestions: Fallout 3, Persona 5, Zelda OoT
5) Mass Effect 3 solved by: 63% other suggestions: Dead Rising, Dead Space, Resident Evil
6) Fire Emblem solved by: 77% other suggestions: -
7) Runescape The british Browsergame classic didn't ring many bells here. solved by: 21% other suggestions: Fairy Tale Adventure, Ghost
8.) Panzer Dragoon Saga solved by: 64% other suggestions: Legend of Dragoon, Dragon Age, Might & Magic
9) Eye of the Beholder solved by: 70% other suggestions: Fantasy Star
10) Skies of Arcadia solved by: 67% other suggestions: Final Fantasy 9
11) Gothic 1 A german classic! Apparently very local in its fame. solved by: 37% other suggestions: Heretic, King Kong, Neverwinter Nights
12) Golden Sun solved by: 68% other suggestions: Chrono Trigger, Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Mana, Illusion of Time
13) The Elder Scrolls Oblivion solved by: 60% other suggestions: Fable, World of Warcraft
14) Shin Megami Tensei solved by: 40% other suggestions: Disgaea, Magic the Gathering
15) Ishar 2 - Messengers of Doom solved by: 52% other suggestions: Avalon, Lands of Lore
16) Xenoblade Chronicles X solved by: 58% other suggestions: Xenogears, Xenosaga, Custom Robo, Mobile Suit Gundam, Super Robot Wars, Zone of the Enders
17) Ultima IX - Ascension solved by: 27% other suggestions: Diablo 2, Everquest, Kings Field, Kings Quest 8, Neverwinter Nights
18.) Tales of Symphonia solved by: 64% other suggestions: Atelier, Final Fantasy CC, Ni No Kuni, Secret of Evermore
19) Dragon Age Origins solved by: 27% other suggestions: Fable, Phantasy Star II, Skyrim, Tornment, Ultima, World of Warcraft
20) Phantasy Star 3 solved by: 51% other suggestions: Doom RPG, Lufia, Lufia: Fortress of Doom
21) Wizardry 5 solved by: 30% other suggestions: Discworld, Might and Magic, Phantasy Star IV, The Immortal, Undertale
22) Grandia Once you played it, you don't forget the rainbow cone save points. solved by: 38% other suggestions: Breath of Fire 4, Kings Field
23) Trapped 2 An Action-RPG from the end times of the Commodore Amiga, simple gameplay and rough graphics. The hardest title of this round, just eight people got it right. Here some gameplay: www.youtube.com/watch?v=-05s0UaMxoU&feature=youtu.be&t=593 solved by: 11% other suggestions: Arc Fatalis, Das Schwarze Auge, Kings Field, Realms of Arkania: Shadows over Riva, Shadow Madness, Tales from Heaven
24) Persona 4 I never played Shin Megami Tensei, so I realised way too late that Persona is actually a spin-off of number 14. So there should have been a different game here. solved by: 45% other suggestions: Shuffle Time, Slenderman
25) Rogue An entire Genre named after this game. I made sure to give the clue player character is usually an "@"... but still, only 14 people recognised this home computer port with its improved graphics. solved by: 19% other suggestions: Dungeon, Dwarf Fortress, Nethack, ZZT
Bonus Question The correct answer is WEST and EAST RPGs taking turns, for all even numbers are JRPGs, while all odd numbers are from western developers. solved by: 37% other suggestions: All part of a series, all sequels, all crap games, first person perspective, one game per alphabet letter, game world at war, all RPGs, declining sales
4py = 4Players forum dgo = Dialogoption forum eab = English Amiga Board gpo = Gamepro forum gms = Gamestar forum guf = Gaming Universe forum hcg = hardcore gaming 101 m!g = M!Games forum mmx = Multimediaxis forum mnc = old maniac forum mtc = Metacouncil forum ntl = NintendoLife forum off = offline & unbekannt pcx = PCX forum pop = PowerPlay forum rpg = RPG Maker MV forum rta = ResetEra forum rtc = Retro Canteen forum vgz = Videogameszone forum
Congratulations to AuraPaladinne, J.R., Aspen, Milena und Syxta... you are the TOP 5 and won this round!
Also Kudos to blindrhythm, Gizmo, Gevin, Wizdom and fedprod, together you are the TOP 10.
Here the local high score:
1 - 14 points - mainpatr 2 - 14 points - Snake
Congrats to mainpatr for the local lead, you guys are just 0.05 points apart.
Thanks to all for joining and see you next time!
Last Edit: Jul 1, 2019 17:04:46 GMT -5 by Mr_Horizon
Okay folks, it's time to brush up those CVs, because no matter if it's the British "job centre", the US "Job corps center" or the German "Arbeitsamt" - we are job hunting! Luckily you got into an especially modern institution that adapted their listings according to video games. That totally makes sense, because it's been decades since computer games only featured you as a space fighter pilot or some sword-wielding dragon slayer. Indeed, there's a wide spectrum of jobs on display! For our quiz this means you not only have to name the 25 games, but also the job you are tasked to do. Do you know them all??
Here's an example (with games that didn't make it into this round):
The correct answers (for 6x 0.5 points = full score) in the form would be as follows...
1) We Cheer 2, cheerleader 2) Bridge Constructor, engineer 3) Flight unlimited, pilot
I tried! So many of these games look familiar, probably because I love "job games" but I couldn't remember a lot of them. I can't wait until the month is over to find out what #22 and #7 are, those are really bothering me.
Don't hesitate, an entire riddle filled with wonderful lavishly well-paid (okay, some might be) jobs is waiting! So far the waiting room at the job centre has 23 people, and three from this forum.
Here are a few clues:
1) Number 4 is the oldest game of this round (40 years), and number 21 is the youngest (just shy of one year). 2) The games 2 and 6 are Sega classics. 3) Title 14 is the last of a series with five games. 4) Game 24 is all about sports. 5) Half a point for the game, half a point for the job - cheesing cheap half points was never easier than this round.
You are relieved to leave the job centre, after you decided for one of the 25 jobs on offer. Great how simple this is! Which one would you pick?
A total of 72 people joined, and five from this community. Eight users managed to get full score, scroll down to see if you are one of them! Due to the creativity involved with the job names, parts of the "other suggestions" are multilingual this time.
1) Harvest Moon (farmer) subtitle "save the homeland", a game for the ps2. solved by: 86% other suggestions: My Time at Portia, Dark Cloud, Animal Crossing, Ingenieur
8.) Silent Scope (sniper) this is the GBA version. I tried hard to find out if you're a cop in this game or not... all it says was "assist the police". solved by: 69% other suggestions: Virtua Cop, Syphon Filter, special ops, Sniper: The video game, Sniper Elite, Hostages
9) Moonlighter (sales clerk) solved by: 61% other suggestions: Stardew Valley, Retro Quest, Retiree: The video game, Fantasy shop keeper, Bauer, Waiter, retiree
10) Cooking Mama: Sweet Shop (cook) solved by: 94% other suggestions: -
11) Flight Control HD (air controller) solved by: 60% other suggestions: Air Control, Control Tower, Kennedy Approach, Micro Machines, Planes Control, Sim Airport, Pocket Planes, Flughafenmanager, Flughafenkoordinator, Pilot
13) Real Heroes Firefighter (firefighter) solved by: 34% other suggestions: Serious Sam, Golden Fire Axe III, Firefighters: The Simulation, Confidential Mission, CarnEvil, Soldier, Sniper, hitman, pirate, cowboy, Terrorist, Polizist, Massenmörder, Bodyguard, paramedic
14) Trauma Team (doctor, surgeon) solved by: 61% other suggestions: Surgeon Simulator, Drilly Willy, Safe Cracker, Mechaniker, Carpenter
15) House Flipper (craftsman, painter, estate agent) solved by: 58% other suggestions: Paintkiller Reloaded
16) Black Gold / Oil Imperium (oil tycoon) solved by: 44% other suggestions: Drilling Rigs, Oil Tycoon, Sim City, Geologist, Miner
17) Beyond Good & Evil (photographer, reporter) solved by: 42% other suggestions: Yo Kai Watch, Bug Buster, Digimon, Metroid Prime, Käfersammler, Insektologe, Käferzüchter, Kammerjäger, Bounty Hunter, Tierarzt, biologist, Monster trainer, Tierpfleger, Vet, Hundesitter
18.) DJ Hero (DJ, musician) solved by: 51% other suggestions: Band Brothers, Jet Set Radio, Stickers DJ, Parappa the Rapper, Guitar hero, The world ends with You, graffiti artist
19) Densha de Go 2 (train driver) this is the version for Neo Geo Pocket Color. solved by: 67% other suggestions: A-Train, Rail Simulator, Train Manager, Train Simulator
20) Pizza Connection / Pizza Tycoon (pizza chef) solved by: 78% other suggestions: Cooking Mama, Pizza Poker Parlor
21) This is the police 2 (policeman, sheriff) solved by: 29% other suggestions: Cop: the video game, Hitman go, Geheimagent, Söldner, Killer, Hausmeister, Spy, Detektiv, Commander
22) Science Papa (scientist) solved by: 36% other suggestions: Scoville Scavenger, Gärtner, Jalapeño Züchter, Chili Tester
23) Red Strings Club (Barkeeper) no, it's not "VA-11 HALL-A"... that's the OTHER SciFi barkeeper game. solved by: 58% other suggestions: VA011 HALL0A
24) on the ball (Football Manager) solved by: 60% other suggestions: Hotel Dusk, Das Amt, Bundesliga Manager, FIFA Manager, Football Manager, receptionist, Bürgermeister, Detective, Lma manager, shopkeeper
25) Paperboy (...paperboy) solved by: 63% other suggestions: Sonnenstudiobetreiber
4py = 4Players forum dgo = Dialogoption forum eab = English Amiga Board gpo = Gamepro forum gms = Gamestar forum guf = Gaming Universe forum hcg = hardcore gaming 101 m!g = M!Games forum mmx = Multimediaxis forum mnc = altes maniac forum mtc = Metacouncil forum ntl = NintendoLife forum pcx = PCX forum pop = PowerPlay forum rpg = RPG Maker MV forum rta = ResetEra forum rtc = Retro Canteen forum vgz = Videogameszone forum
So then, winners ceremony: Congratulations to Pasu, fl0rian, Deadly Engineer, AuraPaladinne, Splunge, Antiriad2097, master_Willem and blindrhythm... you all have FULL SCORE and won this round!
Also kudos to Gerhard_S and fedprod, together you form the TOP 10.
survey results Those of you that were willing to give me information about yourself are all coming from the US, and your average birth year is 1982. We are the same age! That puts this community on 6th place (of 14 forums with at least two submitted birth years). On 1st place as the youngest forum is NintendoLife (1994), the oldest community is the English Amiga Board (1968).
Listen to the music! This sound quiz isn't about effects or digitized speech samples, instead we are going after title and background music of mostly well known videogames. Some users had wished for this, and also I am slowly running out of suitable sound effects.
Watch out, there is something special: the music clips are just a few seconds each. If you guess them right, you get the full point. But in two weeks (22nd of August) the clips will be extended to up to 10 seconds. This will make it easier, but will only get you 0,66 points. And for the last three days (29th of August) the music plays twice as long again, but the correct answer at that time only gets you a meager 0,33 point.
So, it pays to be fast - but also the less audiophile users among you will be able to guess many games in the last days of the month.
Can you hear the music? Just like its predecessors, this soundFX quiz is tough with lots of clips that ring frustratingly familiar - just with music instead of the effects & speech samples of the previous rounds. Almost 40 people are in so far, two from this community, and the average score is six. This is the only set of hints. Instead of more clues, you get longer music clips next Wednesday, but those will also reduce the points you get for a correct answer to 0,66.
Here are the clues:
1) The games 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 and 14 were only released on Nintendo platforms. 2) With the numbers 3, 7, 13 and 18 you hear music from Commodore home computers. 3) Lots of variety in the last row, the platforms are (not in that order) Dreamcast, DOS, ps1, VR and Genesis. 4) In the titles 1, 10, 18, 19, 22 and 24 you are moving in vehicles (land water or air). 5) Number 9 is a Sega Saturn game.