Game Club 199X #16 - Electro Man (PC-DOS) Feb 1, 2013 16:02:31 GMT -5
Post by Snarboo on Feb 1, 2013 16:02:31 GMT -5
The Podcast is now available! Grab it here.
For the month of February, we have an unusual platformer from Poland. Originally published under the name Electro Body, Electro Man was later picked up and distributed by Epic Mega Games, they of future hits such as Gears of War. Let wikipedia educate you on why we have to be careful of emergency areas:
Electro Man (PC-DOS)
Electro Man is a VGA sidescrolling DOS computer game developed by xLand Games and published by Epic Megagames in 1993. It was initially released in Poland (and later Germany) without the involvement of Epic as "Electro Body" complete with some changed graphics and CGA, EGA and composite monitor display modes. Though initially offered under a shareware license, the game was released as freeware on June 25, 2006.
The player controls "Jacek" the electro man (who is very similar, design wise, to RoboCop) as he travels through eight levels, shooting enemies, using teleporters and upgrading his main weapon.
The game was later released as part of the Epic Puzzle Pack (with Robbo and Heartlight) which was reviewed in 1994 in Dragon #206 by Sandy Petersen in the "Eye of the Monitor" column. Petersen gave the compilation 3 out of 5 stars.
Wikipedia's Electro Man Article
- Electro Man is freeware! You can download it here.
- Snarboo has some starting tips on navigating the labyrinthine stages ahead of us.
- Want to know how many shots you have left? Tengutenga is on the case!
- Snarboo has tips on progressing in later sections of the game.
- Sotenga's got the 411 on avoiding the numerous hazards to Electro Man's health.
- "Quick tip for level 5: Go right the instant you start the level. The first chip is literally only one or two screens right where you start, and it would suck to miss this one early on. Also, yes, you do have to die on purpose after you get the chip." courtesy of sotenga
- Don't get lost in stage 6 with these handy tips form Snarboo.
- Tengutenga will keep you from running around in circles in stage 5.
- MuteKi has further hints on conquering stage 5.
Voting ended on Monday, February 4th at 10:30 PM EST.
*NOTE*: When voting, please choose a game that you want to play - and will play - but have not beaten entirely or beaten recently, say, within the last 5 - 10 years.
You may not vote for a game that you have played or spoiled within the last year! It's also best to vote for a game that you have not played before.
All votes are final, so no going back if you change your mind. Make your vote as clear as possible. If you don't wish to vote, please say so in your post. If you're going to vote, we'd like to have you along for the ride!
Previous GC9X Threads: