Game Club 199X #23 - Sweet Home (NES) Sept 4, 2013 12:59:31 GMT -5
Post by Snarboo on Sept 4, 2013 12:59:31 GMT -5
The podcast is now available! Grab it here.
This month we're taking a good look at the precursor to Resident Evil. What horror lurks within the walls of our new Sweet Home?:
Sweet Home (NES)
HG101 has it's very own Sweet Home article! You can read it here.
- Stay tuned for xerxes' live commentary of the Sweet Home film!
- kal has a handy link to the translation.
- Joseph Joestar has kindly scanned copies of his manual for us to peruse!
- Sotenga has a great set of starting tips for the thread!
- "The character items can be used in battle too. The lighter is good against worms, the camera flash can be used on bats etc." courtesy of Joseph Joestar
- Someone died? Don't worry, Joseph Joestar has the lowdown on replacing them with material possessions!
- "I think I'll restart my game and rename the characters after their tools. Because I keep forgetting what everyone has." courtesy of xerxes
- "You can put a wood board down on a gap and then pick it back up. If you need to use a rotten board, only take one person across, otherwise it's gonna break on the way back, causing one of your teammates to fall." courtesy of Joseph Joestar
- Feynman's got all you need to know about team battles.
- "If you are stunned in battle, you need to pray, otherwise any attack will hit your stunned party member." courtesy of Joseph Joestar
- Feynman has further tips on getting the most out of team battles.
- "If you use a tonic out of battle, it only heals the party that you're controlling, but if you use the call command to join up, then use a tonic in battle, it will heal your full party!" courtesy of Joseph Joestar
- Game got you down? Sotenga's gotta you covered with a smattering of hints!
- Joseph Joestar has some tips for those just starting out.
Voting ended on September 6th at 10:30 PM EST.
*NOTE*: When voting, please choose a game that you want to play - and will play - but have not beaten entirely or beaten recently, say, within the last 5 - 10 years.
You may not vote for a game that you have played or spoiled within the last year! It's also best to vote for a game that you have not played before.
All votes are final, so no going back if you change your mind. Make your vote as clear as possible. If you don't wish to vote, please say so in your post. If you're going to vote, we'd like to have you along for the ride!
Previous GC9X Threads: