I was disappointed that there's no Colonization. Whats more patriotic than a game about the colonial days?
That's what Liberty or Death is supposed to be, though?
Liberty and Death is just the Revolutionary War, while in Colonization thats the games finale. The rest of the game is more about colonizing and exploring the new world, with more emphasis on expansion, profiteering and trading.
"It's only a game if you win, but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time." - Al Bundy
So, I played this the other night out of boredom, and luckily, I managed to get some SUPER SWEET TIPS in, although I can't finish the first mission...
- Pause and check your status CONSTANTLY. You don't have an on screen HUD, and it can often be hard to tell if you've taken damage. Keep checking, so you know when to restock and repair before it's too late!
- Don't be afraid to use every resource you can find! Seriously, you WILL need to bail out on what you're doing and restock on fuel, ammo, and MIAs, probably SEVERAL times during a mission. Just make sure you do it before you're on the verge of death, so you don't die on the trip!
- Usually, you'll want to only use your machine guns for infantry and very small targets, like jets, huts, or tents. They will work on larger targets, but only use them for that purpose if you're sure you're not in range of enemy fire. For any enemy beyond human soldiers, you're going to want to use Hydras. Hellfires are for when you need something dead RIGHT THEN AND THERE, or if you're out of missiles.
- You should NOT engage every enemy! In fact, do your best to avoid them unless they're specifically a mission target or they're very close to a mission target.
- You can destroy fuel drums, ammo crates, and MIAs. Try not to do that. That's bad.
- Missiles are your worst enemy. When it comes to SAMs, your best option is to panic and launch missiles into it before it hits you... or stay as far away as possible from them, if possible.
- When delivering MIAs, try to bring at LEAST two with you, if not more. MIAs will give you 150 in the first mission, and 100 in any mission thereafter. You can't have more than 600 armor, so don't waste them!
- Don't worry too much about dying. You only have three lives, but you don't lose any MIAs you picked up if you die, for some reason. You do NOT get any fuel back, however, unless you die from running out of fuel, so keep that in mind.
- Usually, the best time to get fuel is right about when your fuel hits 30%. Don't wait too long, or you might not have enough time to fly to a fuel drum.
- Some buildings have toolboxes that will give you a full, instant armor refill. They're pretty rare, but try to find 'em!
- Use turbo fire to turn your machine gun into an impromptu minigun. Hey, the manual recommends it, so it must be OK, right?
Last Edit: Jul 6, 2015 19:50:34 GMT -5 by Bobinator