Oh good, I just figured out 22. I can stop going crazy now.
Yes, please manage your sanity levels. I played #22 as a child, but never had a clue what I was supposed to do!
I think my experience was watching a friend playing it to be honest, but not having a clue was a substantial feature of the hobby on home computer games back then. I had wondered whether you had played the games you included in the quizzes or whether you came up with them through research, good to know you've at least tried some of them.
Last Edit: Apr 12, 2021 2:33:45 GMT -5 by excelsior
Post by Mr_Horizon on Apr 16, 2021 13:37:27 GMT -5
April Quiz - Clues #1
How are you getting on, agent? We received secret information that I wanted to share with you - may your mission get easier! Good luck to you and the so far 30 further agents. This message will self destruct after reading!
Clues #1: 1) The titles 3 and 8 are smartphone games. 2) Many games are part of a bigger license or franchise that includes movies, series or comics: 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 16, 17 (plus one entry in the last row). 3) Number 16 is a sidescroller for the GBA. 4) Game 12 was first released on 360, ps3 and PC.
The countdown clock is ticking, agent! There's barely a week left to complete the mission - will you be succesful in extracting the intel on all 25 game titles? Fourty rival agents are already searching... here is the second and last set of clues. This message will self-destruct after reading.
Clues #2: 1) Game 3 is the youngest, and game 6 the oldest title of this round. 2) Number 15 is a lightgun shooter. 3) The games 1, 4, 6, 10, 13 and some in the last row are multiplatform titles that were also released for the Amiga home computer. 4) Title 19 however is an exclusive game for that platform.
Congratulations, the mission has been completed succesfully! A small group of just seven agents even managed to retrieve the complete set of error-free information... very impressive. Please continue reading for the debriefing.
We'll start with the names of the games as text, then as images, followed by the High Score table including everybodys ranking.
1) Syndicate Looks like I overestimated how well known this dystopian sci-fi agent team actually is. Solved by: 69% Other suggestions: 3x Shadowrun, Jagged Alliance, Metal Gear Solid, James Bond
2) Gex - enter the Gecko The lizard in a suit was the easiest title of this round. Solved by: 95% Other suggestions: -
3) Archer Danger Phone No, it's not XIII. There are two games for the Archer cartoon show (P.I. and Danger Phone), both gave the full point. Solved by: 79% Other suggestions: 10x XIII
4) James Pond: Underwater Agent The first part of the series. Solved by: 88% Other suggestions: -
5) No one lives forever Can we please get a new sequel here? Solved by: 79% Other suggestions: Lipstick Grenado
6) Spy vs Spy This is the 1980s version for the Commodore 64. Solved by: 93% Other suggestions: -
7) Hitman 2 The bald head at the lower end of the screen gave it away? Solved by: 56% Other suggestions: Fear Effect, GTA, Saints Row, Daikatana, Spy Fiction, VIP, Syphon Filter, TimeSplitters
8.) Kingsman - the secret service A mobile game to the Kingsman/Kingsmen spy movies. Solved by: 47% Other suggestions: Wonderful 101, Dexter, South Park, Rick Dangerous
9) Deus Ex Solved by: 53% Other suggestions: Blade Runner, Cyberpunk 2077
10) Flashback Solved by: 58% Other suggestions: 3x Another World, Impossible Mission, Fade to Black, guy spy and the crystals of armageddon
11) 3 Engel für Charlie A terrible game, but they are "agents" nonetheless. Solved by: 31% Other suggestions: 4x GTA, VIP, Saints Row, Hitman
12) Dishonored Solved by: 33% Other suggestions: Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid, Manhunt, Hitman, Thief, The Saboteur, Tenchu
13) Teen Agent Solved by: 39% Other suggestions: -
14) Invisible Inc. Solved by: 47% Other suggestions: Fear Effect, Jet Set Radio, Techno Babylon, C
15) Confidential Mission A lightgun shooter with a spy setting, for Dreamcast and Arcade. Solved by: 52% Other suggestions: 6x Time Crisis, 3x Deus Ex, Perfect Dark, Silent Scope, Half Life, TimeSplitters
16) xXx Solved by: 22% Other suggestions: Crash Test Dummies, Alien Extinction, Splinter Cell, Johnny Sins, Batman Begins
17) Mission Impossible Hier die N64 Version. Solved by: 56% Other suggestions: 3x Metal Gear Solid, 3x Deus Ex, James Bond, Syphon Filter, Project IGI, John Wick, Metal Gear Solid, Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Winback
18.) Spy Party Solved by: 53% Other suggestions: Mission Impossible, Skyfall, James Bond, The Sims 4, Knives Out
19) Impossible Mission 2025 The Amiga exclusive third part of Impossible Mission. Solved by: 33% Other suggestions: Rolling Thunder, James Bond JR, Splinter Cell, Elevator Action Returns, Project Firestart, Simple Jack
20) Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror Solved by: 48% Other suggestions: 4x Splinter Cell, Alpha Protocol, Sniper, Mission Impossible, Phantom Doctrine, Sniper Elite, James Bond
21) Typing of the Dead 2 Hardest title of this round... this guy is Agent "G". Solved by: 21% Other suggestions: The House of the Dead III, Guns tm, Fallout: New Vegas, Rage, Alias, Saints Row, Keyboard Assassin
22) Mission Elevator No, "Elevator Action" is a different game and will be featured in the next spy quiz. Solved by: 27% Other suggestions: 6x Elevator Action, Spy vs. Spy, Home Alone
23) KGB Solved by: 48% Other suggestions: Impossible Mission
24) Covert Action Hey, this is by Sid Meier! Solved by: 31% Other suggestions: Impossible Mission, Secret Agent, Deja Vu
25) James Bond 007 Hello?! The most famous spy of them all, with countless videogames, and less than half of you recognise him?! Solved by: 40% Other suggestions: Mission Impossible